This policy was updated on the 24th May 2018.
Under the 1988 Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/ 2426) (Privacy Regulations) and the General Data Provisions Regulations (GDPR) your data controller is: Lifestyle Holidays Ltd.
By using our services (including booking a holiday, registering on our websites or downloading any of our apps) you acknowledge that we can collect and use your information as described in this Policy. Protecting your privacy is extremely important to us and we aim to be as clear as possible about how your information is used. If you have any questions about this, or wish to withdraw your consent at any time, contact us using the details in the section: Data Protection and Your Privacy.
Users of our Services
Data Protection and Your Privacy
Data Security: While the nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information, to prevent unauthorised access or any loss of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity from you before we can discuss your account details or other queries.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and (where you have chosen a password) to create a strong password that cannot be easily identified.
Lifestyle Holidays will take full responsibility for ensuring that the most appropriate security measures are in place to protect your information.
Marketing: Where you have given Lifestyle Holidays your consent, we will use your information for some marketing purposes to contact you from time to time regarding offers, news and competitions that we think you might be interested in.
Data Storage: Lifestyle Holidays will store and use your information for a set period. We will cease to use your information for marketing purposes 5 years from the point of last interaction (e.g. last brochure order or last email activity etc.,) or from the point you request us to stop using your information for marketing purposes, whichever is sooner. At this point, your information is then minimised and only used for analysis.
You are always entitled to see what information is held about you. If you want to find out what information we hold about you (called a Subject Access Request) or to have any of your information updated or corrected, please complete email email@example.com. Proof of I.D. will be required. All requests will be fulfilled within 30 days. Lifestyle Holidays Ltd is the data controller.
Please note: if you do unsubscribe from promotional contacts, you will still receive essential calls, SMS text and email communications specifically relating to a booking you have with us.
Legitimate Interests: if you book a holiday or order a brochure, we believe that we can demonstrate that we have a legitimate interest in using your information for some marketing purposes, such as sending you the next season’s brochure, however you always have a choice. Nevertheless, if you do want to receive communications from us, for example our next season’s brochure, please specifically signify your consent to us using your information to send you such and similar marketing materials/communications, by clicking the “opt into receiving marketing communications”.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information from you:
- When you navigate the website, search for, price up and book a holiday and other related products and services from us
- If you subscribe to our email, newsletter or brochure schemes
- If you interact with our Social Media pages (e.g. Twitter or Facebook)
- If you contact our customer services or sales team; or
- You respond to a survey or enter a competition (whether via our website or through Social Media)
We will need to know some details about you such as your name, email address, telephone number (mobile or landline) and payment card details. If you contact us or have an enquiry we will keep a record of this which may include some of your information depending on how you contacted us.
We use the information you provide us:
- To provide a high quality service to you
- To improve our services for you and to tailor our products and services to your requirements
- To get to know our customers better as well as the type of customer that uses our services.
- To contact you about Lifestyle Holidays group products and services we think you might be interested in, including those of our partners whose offers we have identified (where you have consented to this)
- We will also use these details to send you a follow-up email after your holiday, to check that you were satisfied with your holiday
We may collect more or less Information from you depending on which source we collect it from and which services you are using. We also passively collect details through cookies, log files and other similar technologies. More details of the types of Information we collect are set out below and details of our passive collection of Information can be found in our Cookies Policy.
In particular, we may collect:
- details of your visits to our websites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location and time data (where you’ve agreed to this), weblogs and other communication data) and the pages that you access.
- information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify an individual.
We may use this Information to:
- use essential features such as our online booking system.
- ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites.
- notify you about any changes to our websites.
The Information we store within cookies is encoded and restricted so only we (and our trusted third parties) can access this Information.
Sharing Information with 3rd Parties
These 3rd parties include:
- Payment Partners: your information is shared to process payments for you holiday. Our payment partner uses internet standard encryption technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) which encodes your credit and debit card details and booking confirmation information before it is sent.
- Marketing Database Partners: your information is shared with our marketing database partners to facilitate holiday communications such as pre-departure emails as well as marketing communications (if you have consented to this) as well as managing email suppression lists.
- Documentation Partners: your information is shared with a document provider to produce your holiday documentation, for example your parc leaflets and accommodation vouchers as well as to fulfil direct marketing campaigns, for example a leaflet to inform you of upcoming new destinations (where you have consented to receive such marketing).
- Technical Infrastructure: your information may be stored on 3rd party hardware, for example a provider of server space used in day-to-day reservations systems management, or a website / marketing analytics company for analysis, or webchat service provision.
- Where a duty exists: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and us (for example, debt collection agencies).
- Legal Requirements: Where we are obliged to, or permitted to do so, by law, court order, search warrant or similar presented to Lifestyle Holidays Ltd by any law enforcement or government officer.
These companies are all based within the European Union except for our provider of email marketing services who will store your information in the European Union and the United States of America.
If our business is sold or integrated with another business your information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers’ advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We may provide aggregate statistics about you and our other customers, bookings, data patterns and related site information to reputable third party vendors, but these statistics will be entirely anonymous and not include any of your Information.
By using this website, you consent to the information being passed on to those organisations.
Manage My Booking
When you book a holiday, you will automatically be registered to the ‘Manage My Booking’ service. As part of this process, we need your name, e-mail address and we may ask you for other information such as your date of birth, for example to update your personal details or to make further purchases online. Your name and email address are required to securely log in to Manage My Booking.
Links to External Websites